Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reflection on Blogging

Okay....so I am really excited about this whole idea of blogging. It has so many possibilities for the classroom. I think this summer I would like to see how I can use blogs in my classroom with reading and writing. I think I need some time to kind of digest all this information and then set everything up the way I want. I think it would be a great way to publish student work. For example, we did a writing project in the beginning of the year and I would have loved to have been able to put them on a blog so that students could read and comment on each other's work. I have seen that a lot of teachers are using them for poetry, so maybe I'll try to get my feet wet by doing something with that this year. I can also see that kids would think the whole idea of blogging is cool. It would probably be a great motivator because students usually like anything that they can do on the computer. This makes me wish I had computers in my room all the time!

No comments: